Students & Emerging Professionals
Career Tips and Opportunities
I Just Graduated. Now What?
This recording from the NEHA Membership Committee provides tips and best practices for finding a job in environmental health.
NEHA supports developing students seeking a career in environmental health by providing two types of internship programs and a working committee that focuses on student engagement in the environmental health workforce.
- The National Environmental Public Health Internship Program (NEPHIP) is the ideal internship experience for students enrolled at a National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC)-accredited school.
- Other students interested in careers in environmental and public health in an academic or industry setting students are eligible to apply for the NEHA Student Internship Program.
Undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited college or university, with a dedicated and recognized curriculum in environmental health sciences, are eligible to apply for the NEHA/AAS Scholarship. The scholarship program aims to encourage early commitment by students to pursue a career in environmental health.
NEHA staff have compiled this list of free and low-cost training opportunities ranging from leadership to hazardous materials and more.
The benefits of NEHA membership for students and emerging professionals include:
- Making connections with environmental health professionals
- Access to training and resources to help build your career
- Being one of the first to see new research and practices in the Journal of Environmental Health
- And much more
NEHA Annual Educational Conference (AEC) & Exhibition
The NEHA AEC & Exhibition is an excellent opportunity for students and young professionals to:
- interact with experts in the field
- learn more about possible career paths
- make valuable connections
- attend sessions tailored specifically for them
- attend an exclusive Students Welcome reception
Students are eligible for a special student rate that also includes a one-year membership with NEHA.
NEHA Poster Presentations
- Students can submit a poster that displays their research, interest, or area of study.
- Poster sessions allow students to interact with professionals in the industry.
- In 2022, there is the option to display your poster in-person in Spokane, Washington, or virtually during the live conference.